- How technology has affected book marketing
- Origination/Tracking back to the original source
- Virality/The spread of information
- SEO strategies and book publishing
Internet Business Models
- Use of data by corporations
- Data & publishing
- Facebook, Google and Amazon… Big Brother?
- I don’t trust the internet
- If the internet is free, why do I pay so much for it each month?
- How do you monetize online storytelling?
- Why do Wikipedia and Firefox keep asking me for money. Isn’t it run by some guy with lots of room for servers?
- Who owns the internet?
- Technology getting smarter than us?
- Can we live without the internet?
- Can we think without the internet?
- Collaborative workspaces
- Is technology controlling us?
- Can people survive without instant communication?
- Medium as the message?
- Is the end of the internet the start of the apocalypse?
- Rabbit hole of reddit?
- google, amazon, etc.
- never being able to take anything down
- the right to take things down
- author anonymity
- does lack of privacy/open communication negatively impact creativity/literature?
- private browsing
- EPub/ ebook formats (what do they mean)
- EBooks and standards
- Digital Workflows
- Why is the Toronto Star making an tablet app?
- Magazine apps vs. mobile browsing
- is digital content worth the same as print?
Online reading habits
- Online behaviour
- Online reader’s attention span
- Technology and its effects on reading
- “My mom says reading off a screen will ruin my eye sight. Is this true?” (or: Reading on screen vs reading on paper)
- Hacking – who, what, why
- What can/should people be arrested for?
- If our government falls prey to a dictatorship can the internet be shut down?
- Legal issues